You have no items in your shopping cart.
Wearing wigs is a very good way to protect your natural hair, give it a break and allow it to grow. While wearing wigs it is very important to look after your hair underneath whether you have cornrows or not.
Here my top tips when you are wearing a wig:
1. WASH YOUR HAIR OFTEN - This is probably the most important tip. You should be washing your hair at least once every 2 weeks. Washing gets rid of sweat, and product buildup on your scalp and strands. This also allows your hair to breathe. I like to pre-poo my hair before washing it. This means applying a oil or conditioner to your dry hair before you wet it. This helps to keep your hair from drying out too much during the washing process.
2. DEEP CONDITION - Deep conditioning helps to keep your hair moisturized and provides protein for the strands. It is best to deep condition once a month. You can either buy a deep conditioner or make one yourself at home using ingredients like olive oil, honey and bananas.
Using a heating cap will really allow the product to get into the roots of the strand and give that added protection from breakage while providing soft, moisturized locs.
3. USE A MOISTURIZING SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER - When you are washing your hair, make sure to use a shampoo and conditioner that will not strip your hair of its natural oils. Avoid products with sulfates as these can be very harsh on your strands. Opt for products that are marketed as “moisturizing” or “for curly/kinky hair”. And remember, less is more when it comes to shampooing natural hair so don’t overdo it!
4. DETANGLE GENTLY - When you are in the shower, take some time to gently detangle your strands with your fingers or a wide tooth comb while the conditioner is still in your hair. Detangling while your hair is wet and full of conditioner will help to reduce breakage. Be especially careful when detangling around the edges of your wig cap.
5. OVERNIGHT PROTECTION - Invest in a good satin bonnet or even a satin pillowcase. Satin prevents the hair from snagging which can pull the hair from the roots or cause it to break off in the middle of the strand.
6. SALON VISITS - Develop a loving relationship with a salon and your stylist. You'll need each other! 😍 Your stylist will trim your ends when needed to avoid split ends and hair loss and will more than likely give you the BEST scalp massage you've had in a long time! 💆🏽♀️
Wigs are a great way to protect your natural hair but it is important to care for your own strands underneath as well. By following these simple tips, you can make sure that your natural hair stays healthy and happy!
If you are looking for the BEST and most affordable Raw Hair, don't hesitate to shop with us. We specialize in Raw Indonesian and Cambodian hair extensions.
You have no items in wishlist.